Create and Manage NGauge Forms
NGauge Forms are your interface with any file-based datasource in Infoveave. Any file-based datasource in Infoveave may have its records managed using NGauge forms. Using NGauge forms, you can update or edit the table in a file-based datasource.
You can manage your NGauge forms with the options to:
- Create new NGauge forms on any available file-based datasource.
- View all the NGauge forms
- You have created under StudioNGauge FormsMy NGauge Forms.
- Shared with you under StudioNGauge FormsShared NGauge Forms.
- See the List View of the datasource table from the NGauge form.
- Manage NGauge forms by, sharing your NGauge form with the team, customizing, adding descriptions and deleting.
Create New NGauge Forms
Follow the steps below to formulate a new NGauge Form.
- Click on StudioNGauge Forms .
- If you wish to make a new NGauge form, click on New.
- Select the datasource from the drop-down list.
- You will now land on the page to create the NGauge form.
- Enter a name for the NGauge form.
- Check the Form Read-only checkbox to restrict the user from editing.
- Check the Master Datasource checkbox to link the master data with your datasource.
- Check the Load Only When filter Applied, when handling large amount of data, for faster screen load.
- Click Actions, to define the NGauge’s default permissions.
- Check the necessary options you want to offer in the NGauge forms.
- Choose a task or job from the drop-down list and click Add, to add them to the NGauge form.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- With Actions defined, start configuring the default permissions, as required.
Allows to make the field data mandatory.
Makes the field inactive.
Apply filters to the datasource.
Provides search option for the selected row, directly from the List View.
Allows you to set the column you want to see in List View.
Allows you to define the width of the column.
Title of the field.
Specify the field type. Example integer, decimal, slide, radio button, drop-down menu, text or master data.
Relative to the Type selected, set the options. Set the maximum and minimum length for the integer and decimal. Max, min and step in case of slide option
- Click on Save to finish customizing NGauge Form.
NGauge Forms List View
- If you wish to view the records, click on List View .
- Click Add to add a new row to your datasource.
- You can have a search option on the List View based on how configured your NGauge form is.
- You can edit or update any row on your datasource with the Edit option.
- To remove any row from the table, click Delete .
- Update your datasource with the edit option.
- Click on Submit to save the updates on your Datasource
Manage NGauge Forms
- Share the NGauge form with the team from the share option.
- Choose between the options
- Share with user
- Share with role
- To share with the users, select the “share with users” tab. Pick the user(s) with whom the query needs to be shared from the share dialogue box.
- Choose the “share with role” tab to make a query available to a certain work role. From the dialog box, choose a role.
- Select the users from the presented list of users.
- If you wish to share your query with all users then select Share With Everyone.
- Select the user from the available list and click to share the query.
- To remove a particular user/role from the shared list, select the user/role and click .
Click Save to share your query with the selected users.
- Shared personals receive a notification after the successful share.
- To unshare a query , just unselect users or uncheck the Share With Everyone.
- If you are not satisfied with the current NGauge form template and wish to make any changes to the NGauge form, click on Customize .
If you want to delete the NGauge form, click on Delete .
- To move to a folder, create a folder by clicking the New Folder option, then drag the NGauge form into the desired folder using the drag-and-drop feature.
- You may also choose a folder from a drop-down menu by clicking the folder symbol on the NGauge form.
- Click “Add Description” and fill out the description details to add a description to the NGauge form.
- Select the Editor Type.
- Add necessary Tags (if required).
- Add Description and Content.
- Click Ok
- If you want to delete NGauge form, click on Delete .
- Type in “delete‘ in the text box.
- Click Yes.