Create a Datasource from Cloud Storage
Cloud storage is a cloud computing model that stores data in logical pools on the Internet. Infoveave supports cloud storage like Amazon Redshift, Amazon Athena, and Apache Cassandra to build a datasource.
Cloud Storages Supported by Infoveave
Amazon Redshift is a data warehouse product of Amazon Web Services. Redshift works on multiple rows by parallel processing and data compression.
Amazon Athena is an interactive query service that is serverless and easy to use. In Amazon Athena, you define the schema and start querying using standard SQL.
Cassandra is an open-source NoSQL database management system that lets you distribute data among multiple locations through their data centres, via the cloud, or a combination of uses scenarios.
Process to build a cloud-based datasource in Infoveave
Selecting the Cloud Server
- Click on StudioDatasources New , to create a new datasource in Infoveave from cloud storage
- Select Amazon Redshift from the drop-down menu.
- After selecting Amazon Redshift, configure the database server information such as
- Click on Validate and Reload, which allows Infoveave to access and retrieve the data from a database.
Configuring Dimensions and Measures in the Cube Designer
- With the proper credentials, Infoveave directs you straight to the cube designer.
- In the cube designer, you can define the attributes either as measures or as dimensions.
- To add a measure or a dimension in cube designer, mouseover the icons next to the column name in the table.
- To use a column in the table as a measure select the Add as Measure option, then choose the proper aggregation from sum, average, count, distinct count, min, and max.
- Once you select the measure define the format, decimal precision, prefix and suffix to the new chosen measure.
- The new measure can be seen under the measure box on the left side of the cube designer. To widen your understanding of measures, read about Measures and Dimensions .
- To pick a dimension mouseover the icons next to the specific column name in the table, and click Add as Dimension.
- To include a column as a dimension, select Use Unique Values. For you to use a date column as a Date Dimension, select Use as Date Dimension. To know more about dimensions, read here.
Multiple Table Data
- Click on Available Tables to upload multiple tables one by one. You can upload up to five files.
- Click on Available Tables if you need to establish a relationship between the tables using the existing datasources with the Primary Key Column. For understanding more visit the section Create Measures, Dimensions, Hierarchies.
- Click Update Datasource to update any changes in datasource. You can also rename your datasource from here.
- You can view all the datasources
- You have created under StudioDatasources My Datasources.
- Shared with you under StudioDatasources Shared Datasources.