Create Datasources from Google Analytics
Infoveave helps you create a datasource using the APIs. Infoveave supports APIs from IoT devices, Facebook, Twitter, Google Analytics, and data.world.
Datasource from Google Analytics
Instructions to build datasource from Google Analytics
Creating a Google Analytics Datasource in Infoveave:
Navigate to StudioDatasorces New Datasource .
Under ‘Studio,’ you will see a list of all your existing datasources categorized as ‘My Datasources’ and ‘Shared Datasources.’
- To create a new datasource, click on the “New Datasource” button located on the top right corner of the page.
- Select ‘Google Analytics’ either by using the search bar or clicking on “Cloud Services’, in the “Datasource Type Panel’ on the left side.
- A new window will open for the datasource creation process.
- In this window, you’ll see a list of previously connected Google Analytics accounts.
- If you want to use an existing account, click on ‘Use this property‘ across the established connection.
- If the token for the connection has expired, you can re-authorize it by clicking ‘Re-authorize.’
- To add a new Google Analytics account, click on ‘Connect new account.’
- A popup modal will appear, asking you to enter your Google Analytics credentials.
- This will establish the connection between Infoveave and your Google Analytics account.
- Once the connection is established, the dataset from Google Analytics will be imported to the Infoveave platform.
- You can view the Google Analytics dataset table with the following fields, ‘Datasource Name,’ ‘Type,’ ‘Source Query,’ ‘Display Name,’ and ‘Import.’
- Name the datasource, choose a name that reflects the data source for easy identification.
- The datasource table will have the following fields, including ‘Datasource Name,’ ‘Type,’ ‘Source Query,’ ‘Display Name,’ and ‘Import.’
- Under ‘Type,’ you’ll find pre-defined measures, dimensions, and date dimensions from Google Analytics.
- Customize the display names for any fields to make them more user-friendly under Display Name.
- To select which data fields to import from the Google Analytics account. Use checkboxes to choose the data fields you need under Import.
- Once you’ve configured all the required fields, click “Save” to create and save the Google Analytics datasource in Infoveave.