Table of Contents
The “Manage Datasources” provides comprehensive control over your Datasources, allowing you to organize, customize, and share them efficiently. Here’s a brief overview of the various management options available for your Datasources Manager:
Datasources can be managed with the options to Upload Data, Share, Edit, View, Move to Folder, Add Description, and Delete.
2. Upload Data
For uploading data through the ‘Upload Data’ feature, follow these comprehensive steps:
- Navigate to Studio Datasources Upload Data.
- Assign a unique batch name to distinguish different sets of data uploads.
- Click on Select Your Data to pinpoint the desired file for upload.
- Utilize the file picker dialog box to choose the specific local file.
- Start the upload by clicking Start Processing.
- You will receive a confirmation notification for a successful upload or an error notification for any encountered issues.
- The availability of the "Upload Datasource" option is contingent upon the type of Datasource you are working with.
3. Edit Datasources
Edit the Datasources to ensure that it reflects the desired modifications and meets your evolving requirements.
To modify a Datasource in Infoveave, follow these steps:
- Find the specific Task that you want to edit.
- Click on the Edit icon associated with the Datasource.
- This will open the Datasource, allowing you to make changes.
- After making the necessary modifications, click on the Save button to save your edits.
4. Share Tasks
Sharing options in Infoveave Datasource, such as user and role-based sharing, ensure efficient distribution and utilization of Datasource among the intended audience.
You can share your Datasource with other users or roles in Infoveave. Follow these steps to share your task:
Click on the Share icon to share the Datasource with the team/role.
Select between the available options: Share with User or Share with Role.
If you choose Share with User, go to the Share with Users.
- From the share dialogue box, select the user(s) you want to share the Datasource with.
If you want to share the Datasource with all users, select the Share with Everyone option.
If you choose Share with Role, switch to the Share with Role.
- Pick the roles you want to share the Datasource with from the share dialogue box.
To remove a specific user or role from the shared list, uncheck the corresponding checkbox.
Click Save to share your Datasource with the selected users/roles.
- Share with Everyone options give the access of the shared entity to all users along with new users.
- Shared individuals will receive a notification after the successful share.
- To stop sharing the Datasource, simply unselect the users/roles.
- Share icon will be Blue in color when shared with all.
- Share icon will be Green in color when shared with a few.
5. Move to Folder
Organize your Datasource by easily moving them to designated folders.
To organize your Datasource under folders, follow these steps:
- Select the Datasource you want to move by clicking on the Move to Folder icon.
- Choose the desired folder from the dropdown menu.
- Click the Save button to finalize the move.
- Alternately, you can drag and drop a Datasource to any folder, to add it to that specific folder.
- You can also remove a Datasource from a folder by dragging it outside the folder.
6. Add Description
When using Datasource in Infoveave, you can add descriptions to provide more information. You can choose between, the Rich Text Editor or the Markdown Editor, to write and format your descriptions. This allows you to provide tags, short description, or contents about the purpose and usage of your Datasource.
To add a description to your Datasource, follow these steps:
- Select the desired Datasource.
- Click on the Add Description option.
- Choose the type of editor you prefer: Rich Text Editor or Markdown Editor.
- Fill in the necessary information in the provided fields:
- Tags: Add any relevant tags to categorize your Datasource.
- Description: Enter a description that provides a brief overview or explanation of the Datasource.
- Content: Include any additional details or notes related to the Datasource.
- Click Save to save the description.
- The Modal automatically converts text to Markdown language and vice versa, allowing more choice to the users.
- The Markdown Editor allows you to use simple text formatting syntax to format your description.
7. Delete Datasource
To delete a Datasource in Infoveave, follow these simple steps:
- Find the Datasource you want to delete.
- Click on the Delete icon .
- Type the specified text from the warning message in the provided text field.
- Alternatively, you can copy the text from the icon and paste it in the text field.
- Once you have entered the correct text, click on Delete.
- Please be cautious when deleting a Datasource, as it cannot be recovered once deleted.