Infoveave Expressions functions allows you to configure expressions for widgets within your Infoboard to create dynamic and customized data visualizations. Expressions enable you to perform calculations, conditions, and formatting on your widget data. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to configure expressions in Infoveave Infoboards:
Table of Contents
Infoveave Expressions functions let you set up special rules for widgets in your Infoboard. This helps you make dynamic and personalized data visuals based on various applied conditions.
- The expression functions listed below are solely setting visual effects to your dashboard by setting conditions to your widgets. They are not intended for managing or modifying data
2. Expression Syntax
The entire Expression, including all its components, must be enclosed within brackets.
Function: Functions are like commands that you use in data analysis to perform specific tasks.
'Widget Name'is enclosed within single apostrophes (
') to indicate it’s a string literal, typically representing a widget name.
[Measure Name]is enclosed in square brackets (
) to represent a measure name.
[Dimension Name]is enclosed in square brackets (
) to represent a dimension name.
"Dimension Value"is enclosed within double quotes (
" ") to represent a specific dimension value.
- The mathematical operator in the expression establishes the condition.
- The operator used here is only for demonstration purposes.
Conditional Valuespecifies the value that must be met for the condition to hold true.
- You can configure your Expression using Measures alone.
- It is necessary to add the Dimension Value along with the Dimension Name.
3. Configure Expressions
Steps to configure Expressions
- To configure an Expression in Infoveave, navigate to the desired Infoboard under Insights.
- In the Infoboards section, locate the and access the Infoboard for which you want to configure expressions.
- Click on the Setup tab associated with the selected Infoboard under the Customization panel. Within the Setup panel, find the Infoboard section.
- Click on + Configure Expression.
- A pop-up window or Expression editor will appear.
- All the configured Expressions, if any will be present in the Expression editor.
- Click on Add Rule to configure a new Expression.
- Write your expression following the appropriate syntax. This includes defining measures, dimensions, filters, calculations, and conditions.
- Utilize functions and operators available within Infoveave to create your desired expression.
- Use the Expression Status Indicator to verify the correctness of the Expression syntax.
- After defining the expression, configure the Action you want to trigger when the condition is met.
- Actions can include changing widget properties, displaying messages, or triggering other widget actions.
- To add another Action, click on Add Action + icon.
- You can add up to two actions for an Expression.
- Use the radio button to determine the widget’s Visibility.
- You can choose between options like Show or Hide based on the condition set within the expression.
- Assign the action to a specific Option Group. Common option groups include General, Title, and Image.
- In the General option group, you might find options related to the widget’s overall appearance, such as background color, borders, and shadows.
- In the Title option group, you’ll find options that pertain to the widget’s title, including text, font size, and alignment.
- In the Image option group, options are related to displaying images within the widget, covering aspects like image selection, positioning, and size.
- Depending on the chosen option group, customization the action under Options. Here’s a breakdown of some common action options:
- Background Color: Determine the widget’s background color.
- Border: Configure border settings, encompassing color, width, and style.
- Border Radius: Specify the curvature of the widget’s corners.
- Shadow: Apply shadow effects to enhance visual appeal.
- Theme: Implement predefined themes to alter the widget’s overall appearance.
- Decal: Add decorative elements or icons for visual enhancement.
- Show Null Values: Decide whether to display null or empty data values.
- Enabled: Toggle the visibility of the widget’s title on or off.
- Label: Set the title’s label or text.
- Word Wrap: Determine whether the title should wrap to the next line when the text exceeds space.
- Background Color: Define the background color of the title.
- Decoration: Apply text decorations such as underlining, bold formatting, or italics.
- Font Family: Choose the font family for the title.
- Font Size: Define the font size for the title text.
- Font Color: Specify the color of the title text.
- Alignment: Set the alignment of the title within the widget.
- Image: Select an image to display within the widget.
- Position: Choose the image’s placement within the widget.
- Repeat: Determine whether and how the image should repeat or tile.
- Size: Define the image’s dimensions.
- To delete any Expression or Action click on the adjacent Delete icon.
- Click OK to save the Expression.
Imagine you are overseeing an Order Dashboard in Infoveave, where you want to implement a specific action based on a condition using Expressions. In this scenario, the condition is defined as follows: if the sum of online orders for Brazil is less than 150, a particular action should be triggered.
- In the dataset used for the Order Dashboard, we want the set the effect on the Online Orders widget. We use the measure [Orders] and the dimension [Country], specifically targeting the dimension value "Brazil."
We can configure the expression as below:
In this expression, we sum up the online orders for Brazil and then check if it's less than 150. This becomes the condition for our action.Consider that we want to configure an action that changes the background color of another widget called Online Orders. Here's how you would do it:
- Option Group: Select the General option group because you're customizing the widget's overall appearance.
- Option: From the General group, choose the Background Color option. This allows you to specify the background color that the widget should change to when the condition is met.