Datasources Advanced Features
The additional supports that Infoveave provides to the datasources significantly improve productivity and performance. The advanced features include the options to:
- Share your datasource within your team/ organization, with the share option under StudioDatasources Share Datasource .
- Choose between the options
- Share with user
- Share with role
- To share with the users, select the “share with users” tab. Pick the user(s) with whom the datasource needs to be shared from the share dialogue box.
- Choose the “share with role” tab to make a datasource available to a certain work role. From the dialog box, choose a role.
- Select the users/roles from the presented list of users.
- If you wish to share your datasource with all users/roles then select Share With Everyone.
- Select the users/roles from the available list and click to share the datasource.
- To remove a particular users/roles from the shared list, select the user/role and click .
Click Save to share your datasource with the selected users/roles.
- Shared personals receive a notification after the successful share.
- To unshare a datasource, just unselect users/roles or uncheck the Share With Everyone.
- You can edit the datasource from StudioDatasources Edit Datasource .
- Click edit to create new measures, dimensions and hierarchies. To know more, about Measures, Dimensions and Hierarchies.
- You can also add extra files or get the available table to your datasource from here.
Measures that were calculated based on other measures found in the data source are referred to as calculated measures. Complex expressions can be defined here and are often run as MDX queries.
- If you want to create calculated measures, then click onStudioDatasources Calculated Measures . All calculated measures if any, will be displayed into the formula tab.
- The existing calculated measures, will display the name, the related MDX query and the formula used.
- You may edit or delete an exisiting calculated measure.
- Click New to add a new calculated measure and a dialog box appears.
- Provide measure name, prefix, suffix, decimal precision, description, formulas, and date dimension from the drop-down.
- Select the checkbox if you want to use this measure with a member.
- Choose the other checkbox, if you want to hide this measure for widgets.
- Click Save to save as calculated measures.
Formulas are described as expressions that were created depending on the measures found in the data source. Complex expressions can be defined using formulas, and they are often run as SQL queries.
To create a new formula click on StudioDatasources Formulas. All formulas if any, will be displayed in the formula tab.
- Click New to add new formula and a dialog box will display.
- Provide measure name, prefix, suffix, decimal precision, description and formulas in the appropriate places.
- Click Save to save as a formula.
Color and Icon Palette
Color and Icon Palette helps you to assign colors or icons to the measure or dimensions from the dataset.
If you want to create a color palette, then click on StudioDatasources Color & Icon Palette . All palettes if any, will be displayed under the color palette manager.
- To create a new color and icon palette, click on New, and the dialog box opens up.
- For the selected datasource, select either measure or dimension radio button to create palette.
- Select a measure or a dimension from the drop-down based on the option you have selected.
- Click Save. The chosen measure or dimension is now visible under color palette manager.
- Click on Edit to assign colors and icons
- Click the color to add color or icon to add icon for dimension items.
- You may choose to delete an item from the palette list.
- Save all color & icon palette configurations.
Add Calculated Column
Click on Add Calculated Column, if you want to add a new additional column with some calculations that is not available in the dataset.
1. Choose a name for your new calculated column.
2. Use (@) to refer to a column from the source while creating a formula.
3. Click Validate to preview the new column.
4. Choose Save Column to add the new calculated column to your datasource.
Date Column Settings
Date Column Settings feature allows to set the auto generated date if there is no date column in the datasource, otherwise the check box is selected by default if there is date column in datasource.
- Click on Date Column settings to do any changes related to the date column available in the dataset.
- If there is no date column available in the dataset, Infoveave asks you to use an auto-generated date column or create a datasource without a date column.
- If you choose to add the Date columns, check the square box and click Save Date Settings.
Move to Folder, Description and Delete
- To move to a folder, create a folder by clicking the New Folder option, then drag the datasource into the desired folder using the drag-and-drop feature.
- You may also choose a folder from a drop-down menu by clicking the folder symbol on the datasource.
- Click “Add Description” and fill out the description details to add a description to the datasource.
- Select the Editor Type.
- Add necessary Tags (if required).
- Add Description and Content.
- Click Ok
- If you want to delete datasource, click on Delete .
- Type in “delete‘ in the text box.
- Click Yes.