Create a New Widget
Learn the process of creating new data visualization widgets for your insights. You may immediately add the newly created widget or existing widgets to your Infoboard from Insights.
Infoveave supports the below listed widgets.
- Charts and Graphs: The standard library of charts support multi-dimensional, real-time and time-series analysis.
- Calendar Charts: Specialized charts for representing days, months and year-wise data.
- Business Widgets: Charts with business logic built-in such as Pareto, TopN, BottomN, Quadrant Scatter.
- Text Widgets: Ideal for displaying a single measure or dimension as a label.
- Tabular Data: Highly customizable tabular and pivot charts.
- Maps: Build custom maps using TopoJSON or Open Street with layers support.
- Targets and Thresholds: Represent targets and thresholds on widgets.
- Component Widget: Display insights through checklists and drop-downs.
Add a New Widget to your Infoboard
Process flow of creating a new widget in Infoveave.
Choose the Widget Type
- Steer through Insights Infoboards Add Widget Create New Widget to add a new widget to the selected Infoboard.
- Create new Widget will direct you to the Infoveave widget library to choose the suitable widget.
- Pick a suitable Widget from the library, and the widget configuration dialog box appears.
Choose the Datasource
- Select the Datasource from the drop-down list of available datasources.
- Name your widget suiting the theme.
- Add a suitable Description to assist with understanding the widgets while getting shared.
- If your widget is date-dependent, choose a date dimension from the drop-down box; otherwise, choose None.
Select Measures and Dimensions
- Pick the pre-defined Measures for the selected datasources from the drop-down list.
- Select Dimensions from the respective column showcasing the pre-defined list. Follow the link to know more about Measures and Dimensions .
- The widget will be now showcased in the widget box. Click on Next to proceed with further steps.
Apply the Filters and Drill-by Feature
- You can drill the widget based on either Measure or Dimension. From a drill-down menu, choose either measure or dimension.
- If you want to add on a certain level using drill by Measure, choose Measure from the drill by drop-down list.
- If you wish to apply drill by Dimension, select Dimension from drill by drop-down list to add on a certain level.
- Click on Add Level to add a level to drill-by. To add another drill-by level in the same widget, click Add Level.
- If you want to see data from a certain date period, select Fixed Dates.
- Click Add Filter to apply the filter to the widget . Select the required dimension, filter by operator, and dimension items from the respective drop-down list.
Return the exact match of your dimension item selected in the search string
Return all the dimension items except the item select in the search string.
Return only the dimension item which contains in the search string.
Does not Content
Return all the dimension items except which does not contain in the search string.
- Click on Add Measure Filter, to add the measure filters.
- Measure filters help to compare a selected measure with another measure or a pre defined value.
- With your preferences set, click Create Widget. The widget is added to the currently active Infoboard.
- Mouseover the widget and click on the Options Icon. You can get the options to
- Delete any widget from your Infoboard.
- Edit the Widget Configuration. Read about it from Editing Widgets.
- Customize Charts, learn more from Widget Customization .
- Download the Widget as an Image or as a table data.
- Clone widgets to duplicate any specific widget.
- You can also read the widget descriptions (If any) from here.
- If you wish to change the widget chart type to comply with the Infoboard theme, choose Expand icon, near options. Go to Widget Customization for more details.