Analysis of a What-If formula with applied filters is known as what-if analysis. You will have the ability to adjust or modify the values of the variables used in the What-If Formula while performing a What-If analysis. Additionally, it will let you to analyze a wider range of case scenarios by running various analysis conditions. The What-If analysis will help you to define and manage the parameters for different scenarios along with setting alerts.
The section details on
Create and Execute What-If Analysis
The process of creating and executing What-If analysis.
- To create and execute a What-If analysis click on AnalysisWhat-If Analysis .
- All What-If formula, those created by you or shared with you will be displayed.
- To formulate a fresh analysis click on New. The What-If dialog box will display.
- Enter the analysis Name .
- Select the formula from the drop down.
- The drop-down list will get the list of all What-If formulas you have.
- To add dimension filter click on Add Filter.
- For the filter to be added, define the dimension, the conditional filter from the drop-down and fix the conditional value.
- Click on Save to add the what-if formula to Infoveave. View the newly created analysis under in My What-If Analysis tab.
- Click on to Execute Analysis. Infoveave will process the raw data inside the analysis engine as per the selected dimensions as filters.
- As you click on Execute Analysis , you will need to choose whether to have pagination or proceed without pagination.
- Executing the analysis will deliver the table on the rows processed.
- To group the data you can use the drag and drop function to drag and place the column headings to the Group-by section.
- Click on to set the required parameters to run the analysis.
- You will be directed to the Manage Parameters dialog box.
- Select the required key, dimension, dimension items, the value change type and the influenced parameter.
- Click on Add Parameter to add the the new defined parameters in Infoveave.
- As you click on Add Parameters the defined parameters get added in the top section of the dialog box.
- To analyze the effect of the new parameter on the calculated columns click on Analyze.
- Set alerts on the Processed Rows by applying conditional formatting by clicking on Alerts .
- Define the Key, the operator, value and the highlighting color for the analyzed rows.
- Click on to apply the conditional formatting.
- You can see the conditional formatting being applied to the selected row
- Save the freshly analyzed parameters and the processed row by clicking on Save .
- Name the new analysis.
- Click on Add Analysis Scenario, to add the new analysis to Infoveave.
- To load an analysis previously saved, click on Load Analysis.
- Select the analysis from the list and click on the icon.
- To remove any analysis from the list of Load Analysis, click the delete icon.
- Click on Export Analysis to export/download the analysis to the local folder as a .xlsx file.
- Download the file with the icon.
- You can reanalyze the data or execute the scenario again with a new set of parameters by clicking the Reanalyze icon.
Managing What-If Analysis
What-If analysis can be managed with the options to share, edit, move to a folder, add a description, and delete.
- Share the What-if analysis with the team/role with the share option.
- Choose between the options
- Share with user
- Share with role
- To share with the users, select the “share with users” tab. Pick the user(s) with whom the What-If analysis needs to be shared from the share dialogue box.
- Choose the “share with role” tab to make a What-If analysis available to a certain work role. From the dialog box, choose a role.
- Select the users from the presented list of users.
- If you wish to share your What-If analysis with all users then select Share With Everyone.
- Select the user from the available list and click to share the What-If analysis.
- To remove a particular user/role from the shared list, select the user/role and click .
Click Save to share your What-If analysis with the selected users.
- Shared personals receive a notification after the successful share.
- To unshare a What-If analysis, just unselect users or uncheck the Share With Everyone.
- To move to a folder, create a folder by clicking the New Folder option, then drag the What-If analysis into the desired folder using the drag-and-drop feature.
- You may also choose a folder from a drop-down menu by clicking the folder symbol on the What-If analysis.
- Click “Add Description” and fill out the description details to add a description to the What-If analysis.
- Select the Editor Type.
- Add necessary Tags (if required).
- Add Description and Content.
- Click Ok
- If you want to delete What-If analysis, click on Delete .
- Type in “delete‘ in the text box.
- Click Yes.