Infoveave Control Center plays the role of controlling, maintaining, and monitoring the health of the Infoveave server and datasources. With the control center, you can restart the Infoveave server, manage the Infoveave setting, view the server statistics, and manage the cache for the datasources. In the control center, you set up the necessary database connections, manage custom SMTP settings and create a custom email for the data upload or job triggering. The control center has four tabs to project
Accessing the Control Center
Steps to access the Infoveave server control center
- To access the Infoveave server control center, click across Administration Roles .
- Infoveave will lead you to the Infoveave server control center.
All the Infoveave server settings will be displayed under four tabs, the sever statistics, database connections, SMTP settings and custom emails.
Infoveave server statistics get you real-time information on the server unit. The server statistics project the data on the last server update time, the server process ID, memory utilization, private memory, data transfer port, and statistics on the running MDX and SQL queries.
Manage data cache
This action clears the cached values of frequently executed queries. Use this when data has become stale especially when data is updated.
- Select datasource from the drop-down list whose cache you want to delete. After selecting the datasource, click on to delete all cache memory.
Restart Infoveave server
Restart Infoveave server actually restarts the analysis engine. The action must be initiated when the analysis engine is consuming too much of system resources making Infoveave less responsive.
- Click on Restart Server to restart.
- You will receive a confirmation notification message after the server gets restarted
Configure Database Connection
Infoveave uses an inbuilt database when dealing with flat files and certain other datasources. If you wish to store this in a different database you can set that up here.
- Click on the database connection tab. You can find all the database connection in use from here.
- Click on New, which opens add database server window where you have to insert all information related to database.
- You have to configure database server by filling all the fields like Name, Type, Server, Port, Database, Username, Password.
- These fields are required to establish connection with the database server.
- You can select server type from any of the following supported options from the drop-down list:
- Postgres/Amazon Redshift
- Microsoft SQL
- Click Save.
After adding database server, if you want to set any database server as default server on their respective radio button. You will receive a notification confirmation message.
To delete the database server click on to delete database server from the list.
Infoveave uses its own SMTP server to send reports and other email-based services. You can change the setting here to point to your SMTP setup. SSL & TLS is supported.
- Click on the SMTP settings tab. SMTP will be displayed under the SMTP section.
- Under SMTP tab, you have two options for SMTP i.e., Default and Custom.
- Default: Infoveave will use its own SMTP server to send reports and other email-based services.
- Custom: Infoveave will use your configured SMTP server to send reports and other email-based services.
- Selected custom SMTP, and configure all required field which helps you to update the custom SMTP server.
- Configure the SMTP setting, click on Save to save all changes.
Infoveave lets you create custom emails to carry out data upload and job triggering
- Click on the custom email tab.
- Click on New to set fresh custom emails. The custom email dialog box appears.
- Configure a custom email name.
- From the drop-down pick the action to be performed.
- Data Upload: If you pick data upload, choose datasource from the drop-down.
- Job Execution: If you pick job execution, select the job from the drop-down list.
- Click Save to add the new custom email to the system