Manage What-If Formulae
The “Manage What-If Formula” feature provides comprehensive control over your What-If formulas, allowing you to organize, customize, and share them efficiently. Here’s a brief overview of the various management options available for your What-If formulas:
Manage Export Format
Managing export formats in Infoveave’s What-If feature allows you to define the format and structure of the exported analysis results. It provides flexibility in choosing the template and layout that best suits your reporting or analysis requirements. By managing export formats, you can ensure that the exported data is presented in a desired format, making it easier to analyze, share, or integrate with other tools or systems.
Here’s how you can effectively manage export formats:
Access Manage Export Formats:
- To export What-If formula, click on Manage Export Formula , on the preferred What-If formula.
Define the Template:
- Click on “New” to access the configuration settings.
- Once you have defined the template in the What-If formula, you can download the analysis results from the What-If analysis section in the specified template.
- Configure Export Settings:
- Assign a name for the export template.
- Select Columns for Export:
- Identify the columns that you want to include in the exported results.
- Check the checkboxes next to the desired columns. Unchecked columns will be ignored.
- Specify Column Headings (Optional):
- If you want to provide customized headings for the columns in the export, assign labels to them.
- These labels will be displayed while exporting the What-If formula.
- Save Export Configuration:
- Once you have configured the export settings and specified the desired columns and headings, click on “Save”.
- This will save the changes and finalize the export configuration.
- Once the template is named and saved it cannot be renamed.
Edit a What-If formula in Infoveave to bring refinements to the formula logic, expressions, or parameters. It enables you to fine-tune the formula based on changing requirements, data updates, or insights gained from previous analysis. Editing a formula ensures that it accurately reflects the desired calculations, conditions, and relationships, allowing for more precise and meaningful What-If analysis.
To modify a What-If formula in Infoveave, follow these steps:
- Locate the Formula:
- Find the specific What-If formula that you want to edit.
- Enter Edit Mode:
- Click on the Edit icon associated with the formula.
- This will open the formula in Edit mode, allowing you to make changes.
- The formula name and the datasource related cannot be edited.
- Modify Formula Components under Actions:
- Within the Edit mode, you can edit measures, dimensions, value types, or expressions with the associated Edit icon .
- The desired components of measures, dimensions, value types, or expressions can also be deleted with the icon.
- Save the Changes:
- After making the necessary modifications to the formula components, click on the Save button to save your edits.
Edit What-If Measures and Dimensions
Editing measures and dimensions within a What-If formula allows you to modify and refine the specific elements that contribute to the analysis. By adjusting measures, you can change the quantitative values or calculations used in the formula. Similarly, editing dimensions enables you to modify the qualitative attributes or categories that define the analysis context.
- The option to Edit Measures and Dimensions in a What-If formula is only available when the formula is created using an SQL query in Infoveave.
To edit the measures and dimensions within the formula, follow these steps:
- Access the Formula:
- Open the What-If formula you want to edit.
- Open the Edit Mode:
- Click on the Edit Measures and Dimension icon to enter the edit mode.
- The formula name cannot be edited.
- Edit Measures:
- Make the necessary changes to the measures, such as adding, removing, or modifying existing measures.
- Edit Dimensions:
- Adjust the dimensions as needed, including adding, removing, or modifying dimensions.
- Save the Changes:
- After editing the measures and dimensions, save your changes by clicking, “Save“.
Share What-If Formulae
Sharing options such as sharing with specific users or roles provide control and flexibility in distributing the formulae to the right audience, ensuring efficient utilization and leveraging of the What-If capabilities.
You can share your What-If formulae with other users or roles in Infoveave. Follow these steps to share your formulae:
Access the Share Option:
- Click on the share icon to share the What-if formula with the team/role.
Choose Sharing Method:
- Select between the available options: Share with User or Share with Role.
Share with Users:
- If you choose Share with User, go to the “Share with Users”.
- From the share dialogue box, select the user(s) you want to share the What-If formula with.
Share with Everyone (Optional):
- If you want to share the formula with all users, select the Share With Everyone option.
Share with Roles:
- If you choose Share with Role, switch to the “Share with Role”.
- Pick the roles you want to share the What-If formula with from the share dialogue box.
- To remove a specific user or role from the shared list, uncheck the corresponding checkbox.
Save the Sharing Settings:
- Click Save to share your What-If formula with the selected users/roles.
- Shared individuals will receive a notification after the successful share.
- To stop sharing the formula, simply unselect the users/roles.
- Share icon will be Blue in color when shared will all.
- Share icon will be Green in color when shared will a few.
Copy What-If Formulae
Copying a What-If formula provides the ability to replicate and modify existing formulas, enabling efficient analysis, and customization.
To copy a What-If formula in Infoveave, follow these steps:
- Select the desired What-If formula you want to copy by clicking on the Copy icon .
- Provide a name for the copied formula.
- If needed, make any necessary edits to the formula to meet your specific requirements.
Move to Folder
Organize your What-If formulas by easily moving them to designated folders.
To organize your What-If formulae under folders, follow these steps:
- Select the What-If formula you want to move by clicking on the Move to Folder icon.
- Choose the desired folder from the dropdown menu.
- Click the “Save” button to finalize the move.
- Alternately, you can drag and drop a Job to any folder, to add it to that specific folder.
- You can also remove a job from a folder by dragging it outside the folder.
When using What-If formulae in Infoveave, you can add descriptions to provide more information. You can choose between, the Rich Text Editor or the Markdown Editor, to write and format your descriptions. This allows you to provide tags, short description, or contents about the purpose and usage of your What-If formulae.
To add a description to your What-If formula, follow these steps:
- Select the desired What-If formula.
- Click on the “Add Description” option.
- Choose the type of editor you prefer: Rich Text Editor or Markdown Editor.
- Fill in the necessary information in the provided fields:
- Tags: Add any relevant tags to categorize your formula.
- Description: Enter a description that provides a brief overview or explanation of the formula.
- Content: Include any additional details or notes related to the formula.
- Click “Save” to save the description.
- The Modal automatically converts text to Markdown language and vice versa, allowing more choice to the users.
- The Markdown Editor allows you to use simple text formatting syntax to format your description.
Delete What-If Formula
- Find the formula you want to delete.
- Click on the Delete icon .
- Type the specified text from the warning message in the provided text field.
- Alternatively, you can copy the text from the icon and paste it in the text field.
- Once you have entered the correct text, click on Delete.
- Please be cautious when deleting a What-If formula, as it cannot be recovered once deleted.