Beginner’s Guide to Setup Jobs
Automation supports effective decision making in your organization. Automation requires jobs, which are a sequence of tasks that can be chained together. Business-critical operations like data collection, processing, and reporting can be automated through this process. To know in detail about scheduling and running a job visit Jobs.
1. Make your Infoveave Task readyThe first step in creating a job is defining the related or contributing Tasks.
- Select Automation Tasks from Infoveave Main Menu.
- Click on New.
- Choose the task and click OK.
- Configure the task.
2. Configure the Job
With the tasks setup, you can start on creating the job in Infoveave. Read the section Jobs to lean about structing a job in Infoveave.
To setup a job, you must
- Select Jobs from Automation Jobs.
- Click New.
- Issue a name for the job.
- Drag and drop the task to the canvas and link them accordingly.
- Click on schedule , to schedule the job for execution.
- Click on Save.
- Click Run Now , to start executing the job.
3. Define the Targets and Thresholds
With the job created successfully you might require to setup the targets and thresholds. For detailed explanation on creating targets and thresholds, read Targets and Thresholds.
- Click on AutomationTargets and Thresholds .
- To create new Targets and Thresholds, click New.
- Enter the name.
- Select the datasource.
- Define the date dimension.
- Choose Measure, Dimensions.
- Click Save.
- Click on Change Status , to enable/disable the alert status, for more read through the article Alerts.