Jobs Configuration: Quick Steps
Welcome to the comprehensive guide on configuring jobs for seamless automation using Infoveave. Automation plays a critical role in making effective decision-making within organizations by automating key tasks and workflows. This guide will walk you through the step-by-step process of configuring jobs for automation :
- Prepare Infoveave Tasks
- Begin by defining the tasks that contribute to the job’s workflow.
- Access Automation Tasks from the Infoveave Main Menu.
- Create a new task and configure its settings.
- Configure the Job
- Once the tasks are set up, proceed with creating the job within Infoveave.
- Refer to the comprehensive ‘Jobs’ section for detailed instructions on structuring a job effectively.
- Access Automation Jobs to create a new job.
- Provide a meaningful name for the job to clearly identify its purpose.
- Drag and drop the relevant tasks onto the canvas and establish logical connections between them.
- Utilize the scheduling functionality to set up the job’s execution timeline.
- Save the job configuration to preserve your settings.
- Initiate immediate execution of the job by clicking the “Run Now” button.
- Define Targets and Thresholds
- After successfully creating the job, you may need to define specific targets and thresholds.
- For comprehensive guidance on creating targets and thresholds, consult the dedicated ‘Targets and Thresholds’ documentation.
- Access Automation Targets and Thresholds to manage this configuration.
- Create new targets and thresholds by following the provided instructions.
- Specify the target name, select the relevant datasource, define the appropriate date dimension, and choose the desired measures and dimensions.
- Save your targets and thresholds configuration to apply them effectively.
- Set Alerts
- Fine-tune the alert settings for your job to receive timely notifications and updates.
- Access the ‘Change Status’ feature to enable or disable the alert functionality.
- For a detailed understanding of alerts and their configuration, refer to the relevant documentation.
For a deeper understanding of job configuration, scheduling, execution, and advanced features, we recommend consulting the comprehensive documentation provided by Infoveave.