Guide to Creating Datasources
Create datasources in Infoveave to generate detailed insights. We’ll give a brief overview of the datasource creation process in this section. Detailed process are explained under the section Datasources.
1. Connect to your Infoveave account and get the dataset ready.The first step in creating a datasource is to connect to your dataset from Infoveave.
- Select Studio under Datasources , from the Infoveave Main Menu.
- Click on New.
- Choose the datasource file type and click OK.
- Use the file picker to select the file.
2. Configure the datasource
With the file uploaded, Infoveave will start on creating the skeleton structure for the datasource. While configuring the datasource you must
- Name your datasource.
- Define the calculated columns if required.
- Define the date column setting.
- Click on Save.
3. Define Measures and Dimensions in the Cube DesignerOnce you configure the datasource, and click Save, you will land in the cube designer where you need to
- Define the measures.
- Define the dimensions.
- Apply multiple data table (If required) with the features, Add File and Available Tables.
4. Upload Data
With the structure for the datasource created, start uploading the data
- Upload the data batch wise with the Upload Data option.
- Alternatively, email the dataset to the custom provided email address for automated data upload.
- See the section Data Ingestion & Upload for more information on data ingestion & upload method
5. Update Datasource
With the data being uploaded, update the datasource.
- From the Edit Datasource option, use the Update Datasource option for datasource updating.